Wednesday 14 November 2012

Recount Writing- Bear Grylls


Dear Diary, Bear Grylls here. I'm just back from my latest trip to a rainforest in the Amazon. My mission was to catch a rare snake. It was one of the best trips ever.
My landing was very rough. The helicopter was one of the oldest in the world and it could just about fly. Parachuting down was the scariest bit because we were thousands of feet in the air. Going down I grabbed onto a tree and got stuck. Anyway when I got down I was on a search for food and drink. I found a close by river, so I caught a fish and had gallons of water. I was just about to leave the river when I saw the most brightly coloured school of fish. Luckily I had my underwater camera with me and I took tons of  photos of them. At this point I was looking for something  to make shelter with. Soon I found a few big leaves, sticks and rocks to make a small hut. In the morning when I got out of my hut I was surrounded by the most unusual snakes. I took one and examined    it very closely, it had the most exotic colours on it. Soon I set it free again. My mission was complete. I found a dead boar and ate it for my dinner. The next day I was going home.
The trip home was a bit bumpy at the start, but it was worth the journey to see my wife and children to show them all the photos I had taken. It was the best trip ever.
Bear Grylls!!!
by: Emer

No comments:

Post a Comment